Unknown Mine Crafters
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unknown Mine Crafters

Is 2020 the start of a new era for UMC?

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Special Attention Needed

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sitharol

Sitharol

Special Attention Needed Empty
PostSubject: Special Attention Needed   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:22 am

This past few days I have had some observations and come up with some ideas. I hope that you pay close attention to my suggestions. Please feel free to comment or set me straight if I say something that has being already addressed.

-Organization

The server tap is the main section that is used and it is swamped with applications. We all know the server is getting popular and soon many more are gonna apply for higher positions. My suggestion is that an Applications tap be added. This would make it easier on everyone and would leave the server tap for more important issues. The main page should be Server, Support, Applications and Info.

We should also add a rules tap where the rules to the server are post. We can guide them straight to it instead of having to tell them every single time.

-Concerns

Becoming a member is already well defined (creative, non griefer, dedecated, etc). Lately I have seen that guests are being promoted to member status when they dont even know the entire rules. This is a major concern to me because this means they have access to the member worlds and well good work my be undone. I suggest for all those that can promote to ensure that you are promoting someone that understands the rules and that will actually provide something to the server.

Lately I have also seen Ops promote guests because they had logged in for a certain amount of hours. I wont name anyone, but this is a concern. Time spent does not mean dedication. Sometimes many of this guests just log and spend hours doing nothing. Many of them hardly build anything and dont even know the rules.

My suggestion is that /rules should be redone. Rules should be numbers and more specific. Rules should be easy to understand and allow us to refer back to a rule and use that to better monitor guest. We can also use it when banning people. We can state exactly what rule they broke.

Another thing is that pixel world should have a sign stateing the rules, worlds, and the commands that they need to read. An the fourm url. This would help members as well cause they can register and see everything that is going on.

-Fighting

Recently more and more agruements and fights have broken out. I know we all are not gonna see eye to eye on everything. But sometimes we just stop take a breathier and think about things. One thing that I have seen its agruments over what one op does over the other. This can be prevented and helped if there was a set list of rules for ops and higher ranks. In that case ops and higher ranks would be doubting of each others decissions and eveything wont be left up to discreation.

- Guests

There are overwhemling number of guests and its getting hard and harder to stop griefers. Many of them are starting to think that ranking is easy because they think is based on the time that there area there. Guest should only be promoted when they meet the full requirements and not just one. I believe that if your a trusted member, op, or higher that you should understand that you have a duty and that is to log on and spent time patrolling. I know that sometimes you want to build but when there are not that many higher ranks then please help and patrol. Its like commie said we are the police force, as such we need to keep the please.

This leads to my other concern. There has being few times when I have seen more than 5 trusted ops and smods on at one time...I know maybe not as many are needed but it sure does help. So this is more of a request for higher ranks to please be on more. Its hard to see that builds are getting griefed cause we cant keep up with all the guests.

- New ranks

I have taught about this for some time and well I think its a good idea. This new ranks dont require for comands they are just more like titles. This new ranks come with extra duites.

Guests --> member ---> Vet member -->

--> Trusted --> Operator --> Smod --> Sypto (Police Force)
--> Builder --> Lead builder --> Engineer --> Architect (Builders)
--> Craftsman --> Master Craftsman --> Pixel Artist --> Grand Artist (Artists)

Once a member reached Vet member they can pick between three branches they can follow.

- The Police force as obvious are resposible for the safety if the world they would have access to all the commans that allows them to kick, ban and etc. Same job they are doing know.

- The builder branch well its for people that like to build. They can work up all the way to Engineer and they would have that title. They would not have access to the commands execpt just the regular building ones. They can kick ban and etc. There duties would include helping guests build. (Water, lava, cubiod, etc) This would help the Police force just concentrate on monitoring and not have to deal with guest that need help.

- Artist Branch this branch is for all those that dont really like to build but like pixel art. Same as builders it would just be titles the higher the more respected you are and etc. They would have the same function as the builders and help out the guests and etc.

-Now this two extra branches would have 1 branch leader that is the Architect or Grand Artist his job would be to monitor all those in his branch and rank them as he/she see fit. They would be in charge of special projects in there fields as well.

-Another thing that I was thinking is that Each branch would have there worlds where they and them only could build. We would be able to go to one world and just see pixel art or builds and etc. Branch leaders could also maybe start up projects to promote the server.

- Last Thing

I love to watch the world be filled up with guests and members. I know some of you all also get excited about it. We have a lot of talented members that can really build and we should show it to the world. We should post tours of our worlds and feature builders for there talents. I would suggest that maybe someone start to post vids on youtube and run an an unknownminecrafter youtube channel. This would also allow our members to know what everyone is building in there own server.

I hope I didnt bore you with this, I would love to know what everyone thinks and express there taught. Please comment on this and let me know.
Back to top Go down
Slamakans

Slamakans

PostSubject: Re: Special Attention Needed   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 8:41 am

Code:
-Organization
    Indeed, this would be a good addition to the forums, and while we are at it make specific sub taps for each rank.
      [Agree]

-Concerns
    I agree with you completely on this part.
      [Agree]

-Fighting
    I haven't really noticed any fighting but there sure are differences amongst the Police force in punishment for breaking the rules.
      [Agree]

-Guests
    I agree with you here also, we need a more active police force, some people are on 24/7 while other's log in for maybe 1 hour every second day.
      [Agree]

-New ranks
    It is a good idea but the mod doesn't allow that flexibility. (From my knowledge)
      [Not possible]

-Last thing
    [Agree]

That's all I have to say and I wish to see most or even all of this accomplished!
Back to top Go down
yourface43

yourface43

PostSubject: 100%   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:00 am

I'm with you 100% Sitharol great idea!

best regards

Yourface43 drunken
Back to top Go down
Sypto
Admin
Sypto

PostSubject: Re: Special Attention Needed   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:06 am

tl;dr
Back to top Go down
I ChoPPerZ I

I ChoPPerZ I

PostSubject: Re: Special Attention Needed   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:17 am

This is a excellent post, I agree with on everything but. I wouldn't really say that there are fights between other ops. Yeah we do have our odd disagreements every now and then. But as I see this as a constructive and maintained disagreement.

I think the need for extra ranks would make it a bit too confusing

Back to top Go down
http://terracrafters.co.uk
Sitharol

Sitharol

PostSubject: Re: Special Attention Needed   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:19 am

Sypto wrote:
tl;dr

Hmm I am not sure what that means?
Back to top Go down
Slamakans

Slamakans

PostSubject: Re: Special Attention Needed   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:56 am

Too long, didn't read.

It's just a joke though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Special Attention Needed   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitimeWed Jul 27, 2011 11:17 am

i agree with the different branches. I think i would fit better as a builder, not as an op.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Special Attention Needed   Special Attention Needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Special Attention Needed
Page 1 of 1